Raipur, 26 March 2020 / State Government has decided to provide immediate support to the registered labourers and workers of the state, who are facing problems due to lockdown for prevention of corona virus. A committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of Collector and this committee has been directed to redress grievances of labourers immediately or within 24 hours. State Government’s Labour Department has released helpline numbers at state-level. Registered labourers and workers in need can contact on helplines numbder- 9109849992 and 0771-2443809. Labour Department Secretary has stated in the letter to Collectors that for quick redressal of cases related to labourers in need or crisis , a committee should be constituted under the chairmanship of District Collector, with CEO Jila Panchayat, Nodal Officer nominated by Collector and Assistant Labour Commissioner, Labour officer as members. The committee would evaluate case-wise requirement and take action immediately or within 24 hours. Labour Department will allot separate budget for the expenses on fulfillment of these requirements. Besides, District Collectors should release district helpline numbers and appoint a nodal officer.
You may also like
About the author
I J A
- Low-skilled workers, developing countries at risk of steep economic decline as coronavirus advances
- WHO concerned over rapid escalation in COVID-19 spread as caseload approaches one million
- PM Narendra Modi inquired the Chief Minister of all states through video conferencing regarding resue of Corona virus during Lock down..
- Economic sanctions should be lifted to prevent hunger crises in countries hit by COVID-19 – UN rights expert
- UN launches COVID-19 plan that could ‘defeat the virus and build a better world’